Monday, November 10, 2008

Dining in Cebu, Raving about The Gustavian

Cuisine: International
Location:No. 1 Paseo Saturnino (old Ma. Luisa Road), Banilad, Cebu City

The last two times I was in Cebu, I was billeted (I say this word with more than a hint of sarcasm) in a hotel in an area that is uhm, let's just say it's aroma wafting distance from the Tabuan danggit market. So when my friend Chito brought

me to The Gustavian, it felt a bit surreal to be in a fine dining place. So forgive me if I rave a little about the classy interiors, not too formal to be off-putting, but just delicious to the eye. Gorgeous white walls, dim lighting, plantation/hacienda/country club style furnishings.

For the food, I only have the dish I ordered as my basis for the high rating. The Salmon Steak with Onion Leek and White Truffle Sauce (P560) was eyes-closed-orgasm-look-I'm-in-heaven good. The salmon was on a bed of risoni, pasta that resembled risotto in look and taste.

Chito's Gustavian Spicy Spaghetti Alioli (P340) was good, but bordering on ordinary.

The dessert was probably good, but not memorable enough for me to remember now that I'm blogging several months after the fact.

0 comments: