Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Four Things I Have Learned as an Adult

I was cleaning up my inbox and found this excerpt from one of the email exchanges with friends.

FOUR THINGS I HAVE LEARNED AS AN ADULT:

1. Salvation is not about how good I am. It’s about how good God is. Reaching heaven is not about amassing heaven points. Jesus already died once and for all. And He did it not because I deserved it, but because He loves me.
2. Giving is so much better than receiving. And that says a lot considering I get so thrilled about receiving gifts.
3. There is just no excuse to be bored. Every experience, if you look hard enough, presents opportunities for learning and fascination. And if you’re ever bored, you always have the power to stir things up and make it exciting and fulfilling.
4. The power of choice is one of God’s greatest gifts. Take every good opportunity to use it, but use it wisely.

0 comments: