Monday, December 8, 2008

Three Kids Lomi House

Lipa, Batangas (sorry, can't find more specific directions; my husband just knows how to get there)

I'm not a noodle person, and I'm not the type to order lomi, not that there is a type of people who do, but...but...but anyway, lomi is a Batangas must-try, and Three Kids is one of the more famous places. My first try was at the talipapa at Mataas na Kahoy, but I can't remember the name and I don't have photos.

It doesn't matter much where you go since most of them are probably good. And super cheap, er value for money.

The lomi is very thick. I sometimes want to turn it over the way they do it with the blizzard at Dairy Queen. And the traditional way to eat it is to spike it with copious amounts of ca-to-si (I just coined that, so don't ask for catosi, okay?) -- calamansi, toyo, and siling labuyo. And of course, you have to have the sesame sprinkled burger bun with it, or it will not be the complete lomi experience.

Masarap siya, at mura pa. 35 pesos for a big bowl filled with steamy lomi goodness. Even if you're not a lomi person.

0 comments: