Tuesday, December 2, 2008

THE MANY ASPECTS OF MOBILE HOME LIVING by Martin Clark

I've never heard of this book nor of this author until I found this book at my mom's place (It's my sister's) and I was intrigued enough to read it. What a pleasant surprise. It's one of those books which you can visualize as a movie, as if the author meant for it to be filmed. And I don't mean that in a bad way. Martin Clark knows how to paint vivid pictures. He details the settings, the scenarios, the emotions, even the scents, and I felt I was part of this crazy adventure. The narrative is peppered with generous bits of snort out loud humor, wacky characterization, weird events that make you think that maybe Martin Clark is as dope-addled, yet still as lovable, as his characters. I enjoyed this one immensely

0 comments: